Romney scheduled to visit Indiana | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WAVE) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has announced a fundraising trip to the Hoosier state during August.
The Evansville Courier & Press reported that the former Massachusetts Governor is scheduled to attend a private event on August 4 in Evansville at the home of former Black Beauty Coal Co. chairman Steve Chancellor.
Tickets to the fundraiser start at $2,500 per person. The invitation says former Vice President and Indiana native Dan Quayle will be among those attending.
At this time, it is not clear if Romney will have public campaign events during the trip.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Southeast Indiana Stories
Upcoming Events near Southeast Indiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mailbox Improvement Week arrives in time for spring cleaning
- Governor Beshear directs flags to half-staff in honor of victims of Oklahoma tornadoes
- Class offers the opportunity to experience the bourbons of the Trail in one afternoon
- Memorial Day events at Veterans cemeteries, nursing homes
- Plan for pets before a disaster